Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Etymological question -- "waller" a hole

"Murgatroy" wrote
in message
oupdirect.com...
replying to DoN. Nichols, Murgatroy wrote:
im tryig to get a hole in my countertop enlarged for a new Faucet
handle I
purchased as a replacement. The new one is too large to fit through
the holes
for the cold and hot stems. The plumber in North Arkansas says he
can use a
Dremel tool to wallow out the holes to make the new stems fit. This
term was
used infrequently in my life to mean exactly that in such
circumstances

--
for full context, visit
https://www.polytechforum.com/metalw...le-592425-.htm

As a kid, when staying with relatives in rural Georgia I was assigned
farm chores. The depression the hogs dug in their pen was a "waller".