Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Curved hallways to thwart shooters and hiding spots: Sad reality for American schools (Australian news report)

In article ,
says...

It does in NC. Just walk in the store show the permit to buy a hand gun
and that stands for the Federal backgound check.

I see, I guess that makes sense. How long is the permit to buy a pistol
good for? I think here it's good for 6 months, but for sure it's no
more than a year.

I believe it is for as long as the issuing sheriff is in office. Here
he is up for reelection every 4 or 5 years I think. So it could be as
little as a week (unlikely) to 20 or more years unless things have
changed from a number of years ago. I had some, but don't need them now
as I have a concealed carry permit.

The conceled carry permits have to be renewed every 5 years. However the
sheriff can recall it any time he wants to if there is a reason. NC is
a must issue state meaning that the sheriff has to issue a permit to
anyone just because they want one unless they fail to meet the 'criminal
and mental' requirements. You are finger printed, sign forms for mental
places to release your paperwork if you have ever been in one, and of
course a background check. You do not need to show a 'need' for one.

---