Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] spuorgelgoog@gowanhill.com is offline

Default Voter registration soaring - mostly the young

On Friday, 6 September 2019 15:18:57 UTC+1, whisky-dave wrote:
When I was a student we had access to labs 24 hours, and after 2 am was
about the only time we could get a seat, or a logon prompt within 5 minutes.

Ah the old PDP8s those were the days. ;-)

Only senior computing students had PDP access. They could get a logon prompt in seconds.

Might not have been able to do much with it, but ...

The rest of us had to put up with a VAX 11/750 crunching its way through 500 Minitab sessions for business students... all on 4 MB RAM. I had half MB RAM on my Atari!

Owain