Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Curved hallways to thwart shooters and hiding spots: Sad reality for American schools (Australian news report)

In article ,
says...

It does require you to get a premit from the sheriff's office to buy a
handgun. That permit also eliminiates the need for a a back gound check
or waiting period for a rifle or shotgun.

It would not eliminate the need for the fed background check for the
purchase of a long gun, if it's purchased at an FFL.

It does in NC. Just walk in the store show the permit to buy a hand gun
and that stands for the Federal backgound check. YOu fill out all the
forms in the store and walk out with the long gun and keep your permit.
If buying a handgun you leave the purchase permit with the store.

If you have a concealed carry
permit you do not have to have a permit to buy a gun. Just walk in a
store show that permit and drivers license and fill out the required
forms. Then walk out with the gun.

And then there are the states like FL, where without any permit at all,
you can just walk in and
show just a driver's license and walk out with the gun, as long as you
pass the minimal and obviously inadequate fed check.

How's the hurricane down there? You inland or near the coast?

I am in about the middle of the NC. Real nice weather here for this
time of year. We did have some wind Thursday afternoon and night,but not
too bad. No trees down or power out near me. No rain. Friend about an
hours drive from here closer to the coast said he had about 1/4 of an
inch of rain in his rain guage.

---