Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Reay[_6_] Brian Reay[_6_] is offline

Default ?Q?=20Applepay=20=20=C2=A330?=

alan_m wrote:
On 05/09/2019 18:21, Brian Reay wrote:

I was a bit surprised that 'contactless' was recently accepted in France
without a PIN on first use. My recollection is that last time, I had to
enter a PIN the first time I used it on a trip.

For me contactless has only requested a pin once. I think what may have
triggered it is two transactions 250 miles apart within 6 hours of each
other.

Perhaps that was it, or something similar. Certainly other times it hasnt
been an issue.

I was surprised when we were in the US a few years back that quite a few
places still used the old fashioned imprint and sign gadgets- the ones
where you get a tracing paper like receipt. It wasnt just in the remote
areas either, it applied in places where there would certainly have been
access to Internet/phone etc . Ive not signed a credit card receipt in
the UK in years.