Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default shaft from bassement to attic

In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 04 Sep 2019 02:06:21 -0400, micky
wrote:

We still had some of either the original tenants, or at least they moved
in when the building was fancy, and now they were old ladies, in their
80's. They had not paid a security deposit because with people like
that, you didn't need security. Three of them gave me old things when
they finally moved out, one of them was an end-table radio, case

Made in 1930

designed by Norman Bel Geddes** (which must be good because they put it
on a sticker). It had broken in 1950 and not been played since then, but
it worked for me the first time I turned it on around 1980, and gave v.
good sound through its 10 or 12-inch speaker. However it never worked
again. I still have it, but I was better at fixing tvs than radios.
All its tubes are good.