Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Curved hallways to thwart shooters and hiding spots: Sad reality for American schools (Australian news report)

In article ,
says...

Starting with banning possetion of weapons of war. I don't have a problem
with personal posssion of a revolver or bolt-action rifle. Hunting
weapons.

When the amendment was written, "arms" consisted of swords, long knives,
pole-arms and the occasional muzzle loader.

Today, "arms" includes the Mk 84 2000#er, powered miniguns, and nuclear devices.

So, a reasonable person would conclude that the amendment doesn't require
the government to allow one to possess a Mk84 or a B-43; therefore the
question is where one draws the line. I draw it before any military
sidearm or longarm, myself. There is _zero_ need for such a thing in the
hands of an untrained civilian. Period.

When it was witten the reason for arms was to be able to prevent the
government from taking total charge of the country. The arms are not
for hunting or sports. There for I say that the population should be
able to own anything the military has.

Just too many nut jobs on the loose now. Not sure what can be done
about them.

Speeking of nut jobe, if some of the ones in congress and running for
congress get power, we may need the arms. I am just glad I may not be
around long enough to see that.

---