Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Reay[_6_] Brian Reay[_6_] is offline

Default ?Q?Re=3a_Applepay_=3e_=c2=a330?=

On 05/09/2019 17:50, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Topped the car up with £60 of diesel, went to counter to Applepay and it
wouldn't accept it if more than £30, I have never used it for fuel
before, but where I have spent more than £30 it has been accepted. Is
this a filling station thing?

There was something on the radio (R4 I suspect) about this awhile back.
As I recall, there was a £30 limit, which has been removed, but
retailers need to update their terminals.

Having said that, my recollection is that the programme was some time
back - ie probably at least a year.

I don't use Apple pay, so it isn't a problem I've encounter.

I was a bit surprised that 'contactless' was recently accepted in France
without a PIN on first use. My recollection is that last time, I had to
enter a PIN the first time I used it on a trip.