Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default BT internet in trouble...

"Graham." wrote in message
Keep getting calls from a paki or indian call centre from a george smith
or
james patterson etc regarding my "BT internet being in big
trouble".......I
tell them to feck off as I am with Virgin....does anybody know what the
scam
is?......

They come from big Indian call-centre operations, run by criminals.

My phone system has a feature to put blacklisted numbers through to an
interactive agent called Lenny, to waste their time and, amuse me.
Here's the latest BT scam call

https://youtu.be/cCdu11KDB48

and here's a good one from a few weeks back.

https://youtu.be/2o_VIabmWyM

Trouble with those is that the call center monkeys will recognise lenny very
quickly