Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Catch-22 with Drop spreader and Scott's weed & feed

On Wednesday, September 4, 2019 at 1:44:31 PM UTC-4, Mike wrote:
replying to blueman, Mike wrote:
Ive had that problem too. I make sure to check and clear the hopper after
each emptying. Unfortunately, I am forced to fill only a little bit at a time
because of this issue. So instead of one fill for the front lawn and maybe
1.5 for my backyard, I fill 2 times for front and 3 for back. That way I can
check the flow. Also, as I push I will occasionally peek down and make sure
there is good flow. Lot of extra work. Wish Scott's would make one with
larger diameter wheels to get the openings up off the grass. Alas, not to be.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ed-383072-.htm

Best idea is to not use Weed-N-Feed. It's not very effective, it relies
on granules sticking to wet weed leaves and for the typical lawn, you
wind up using many times more herbicide than is needed. Much more effective
and better for the environment to use a sprayer to deliver the herbicide
directly and targeted to the weeds. That's what I do, as needed, just spot
treat.