Posted to rec.woodworking
Rabufs Rabufs is offline

Default how to unlock a locked Jorgensen clamp

replying to bob, Rabufs wrote:
Here is how to repair the clamps to keep them from locking shut. First unjam
them by loosening the screw handle, then using the screwdriver method between
the silver bar and the black heavy cast bar (square) to pry them apart. To
fix this from happening again, you have to fix the assembly error. In my
case, I had two clamps each assembled differently. In the mechanism you
should see a nylon spacer. My failing unit had the spacer between the below
the round silver bar. The spacer needs to be placed between the silver bar
and the square black cast piece. You just need to unscrew and remove the
stopper at the end of the clamp. Slide the clamp head off the end of the bar.
The nylon piece will likely fall out. Simply reinstall the clamp head with
the nylon piece inserted between the round silver bar and the black square
cast bar. This will prevent them from coming in contact with each other and
locking in place.... I'll attach a couple of photos if I can figure out
how...
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/il
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/im
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/in