Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default BT internet in trouble...

On 04/09/2019 10:31, newshound wrote:
On 04/09/2019 10:20, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Keep getting calls from a paki or indian call centre from a george
smith or
james patterson etc regarding my "BT internet being in big
trouble".......I
tell them to feck off as I am with Virgin....does anybody know what
the scam
is?......

Also a recorded message from someone speaking relatively good English.
Presumably directs you to a premium rate number or a person/site trying
to steal bank details.

Mostly they get you to install malware on your windows PC.

My record is 20 minutes before I told them I am not with BT and have
Linux on all my computers.