Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] jrwalliker@gmail.com is offline

Default BT internet in trouble...

On Wednesday, 4 September 2019 10:32:00 UTC+1, newshound wrote:
On 04/09/2019 10:20, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Keep getting calls from a paki or indian call centre from a george smith or
james patterson etc regarding my "BT internet being in big trouble".......I
tell them to feck off as I am with Virgin....does anybody know what the scam
is?......

Also a recorded message from someone speaking relatively good English.
Presumably directs you to a premium rate number or a person/site trying
to steal bank details.

They try to persuade you to download remote access software so they
can poke around on your PC, looking for useful financial data.
Some will also try to sell you a repair service to fix the problems
that you don't have.

John