Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Halmarack[_3_] Mike Halmarack[_3_] is offline

Default Great coincidence: new flat and Vax carpet washer at Lidl

On Tue, 3 Sep 2019 07:04:07 +0100, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

You obviously have the wrong type of dirt!
I supposed it might be due to the product you are using to wash, or maybe
some carpets are easier to mop up than others. One supposes that if what you
say is true, that the carpet or underlay will be very wet even after its
supposedly sucked dry. You are probably making mud in the carpet.
I've only ever had one carpet cleaner that worked, but it needed a
separate vacuum after it had dried, that was a hoover, but it was rather
more than I could handle.
Brian

The idea of making mud in the carpet is fairly alarming. I did kind of
think that the lost water must be going somewhere. I opted for the
silvern spring, rather than the festering bog mindset.

The amount of dirty water retrieved does seem to depend a lot on the
type of carpet but the Vax washer is performing better with repeated
use. Maybe this is because the carpets have now reached saturation
point.

I can't really hear any squelching underfoot but tht may be because I
need a new battery in my hearing aid.
--

Mike

---