Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Hayter[_2_] Roger Hayter[_2_] is offline

Default DIY question?

harry wrote:

On Tuesday, 3 September 2019 18:29:50 UTC+1, John Rumm wrote:
On 02/07/2019 15:03, dennis@home wrote:

Should Ikea be selling these
https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/koppla-...hite-30412033/ ?

You can fit a plug up side down to open the shutters so its easy for
kids to poke stuff inside the live.

I though it was illegal but maybe the law has changed?

Well they don't meet BS1363-2 (not enough space round the pins), so they
are certainly questionable. However they are much the same as so many
others, and no one seems to care...

I have not tried those specific ones, but many I have seen only need to
earth pin to open the shutters.

A lot of our standards were subsumed by inferior EC standards.
Eg fridges that catch fire.

And of course there is global warming, which was actually caused by the
EU, not human CO2 production as suggested by treasonous remainers.

--

Roger Hayter