Posted to rec.woodworking
Markem[_2_] Markem[_2_] is offline

Default Actual Woodworking Again

On Mon, 02 Sep 2019 20:22:59 -0400, wrote:

On Mon, 2 Sep 2019 13:21:35 -0500, dpb wrote:

On 9/1/2019 10:42 AM, Leon wrote:
On 8/30/2019 9:48 AM, dpb wrote:

Yeah, otherwise those are going to be dust bunny havens. ...

So the dust bunnies have crossed out minds more than once.* That area,
on both sides, is larger than it appears.* The tiles including 1 grout
line ate approximately 14" wide.

The clearance from the end of the side cabinets to the wall is just over
12" and the clearance between the back center cabinet side and the
drawer unit front is approximately 5".* We have tried successfully to
sweep that area with a small dust broom.* Not a problem.

As as strange as this sounds, when we emptied the closet to do the demo
there was surprisingly little dust in the corners and or under the
bottom row of clothes.* Almost 9 years of never sweeping or vacuuming in
that closet.* I will say however that we have had a robot vacuum cleaner
before and ever since we moved in.* It runs 5 days a week so little dust
builds up anywhere.* Well, except for the 9 ceiling fan blades.

The hard flooring makes cleaning up a little easier other than the grout
lines, so may not be too bad.

Undoubtedly it helps a lot to not be in middle of miles of farmed ground
all around in a _much_ drier climate to minimize dust/dirt sources...

A high percentage of dust, particularly in dry climates and the Winter
in most of the country is dead, shed, skin. Not a pleasant thought
but rather unavoidable, too.

Grandma had a say after looking under the bed, "Someone is either
coming or going" (checking my moms cleaning).