Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim K.. Jim K.. is offline

Default Drilling a hole in a joist hanger

Mathew Newton Wrote in message:
On Tuesday, September 3, 2019 at 9:09:31 AM UTC+1, JimK wrote:

Turn the 3x2 90deg & fix it to the block wall without a head or
sole plate?

I have considered affixing directly to the wall but am conscious that lightweight blocks aren't the greatest of substrates to make secure attachments too and that utilising the fixed joists might be more straightforward (notwithstanding the fact that all my HSS bits are made of cheese but I can sort that out).

Glue the 3x2s to the block wall? MS polymer?
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/