Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Great coincidence: new flat and Vax carpet washer at Lidl

You obviously have the wrong type of dirt!
I supposed it might be due to the product you are using to wash, or maybe
some carpets are easier to mop up than others. One supposes that if what you
say is true, that the carpet or underlay will be very wet even after its
supposedly sucked dry. You are probably making mud in the carpet.
I've only ever had one carpet cleaner that worked, but it needed a
separate vacuum after it had dried, that was a hoover, but it was rather
more than I could handle.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Mike Halmarack" wrote in message
Maybe early days for there to be much shareable experience of these
machines.

My immediate problem with the Vax "Dual Power" carpet washer is that
two litres of clean water, produces an egg cup full of dirty water.
If this is to be expected, I wonder why the dirty water tank is as
large as the clean water tank.
The dirt that is picked up is not flushed into the dirty water tank
but build up thickly around the cowl covering the brushes.

Ive read the troubleshooting guide and followed the advice there,
without any improvement.

Unfortunately my worldly good ar in a heap in the garage until the
carpets get cleaned. This doe add to what would usually be a smaller
problem.
--

Mike

---