Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Great coincidence: new flat and Vax carpet washer at Lidl

On 02/09/2019 14:06, Mike Halmarack wrote:
On Mon, 2 Sep 2019 11:27:40 +0100, alan_m
wrote:

On 02/09/2019 09:00, Mike Halmarack wrote:
Maybe early days for there to be much shareable experience of these
machines.

My immediate problem with the Vax "Dual Power" carpet washer is that
two litres of clean water, produces an egg cup full of dirty water.
If this is to be expected, I wonder why the dirty water tank is as
large as the clean water tank.
The dirt that is picked up is not flushed into the dirty water tank
but build up thickly around the cowl covering the brushes.

Ive read the troubleshooting guide and followed the advice there,
without any improvement.

On my vax (not the same model) there is a moveable flap to switch
between collecting the dirty water from the inbuilt carpet brushes and
the hand tools on the end of a removable tube. If there is the same on
yours are you sure that this flap is in the correct position? The flap
controls which path gets the suction to pick up the dirty water.

On my vax approx the same amount of water in the clean tank ends up in
the dirty tank.

No hand tool attachment on this one.
It definitely seemed to me that the clean and dirty tanks should be of
similar quanities at the various stages.

I had a VAX years ago which worked but didn't last. Now have a Bissel of
some sort. In both cases, though, the tanks were essentially the same
size and the dirty tank filled up fine.