Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Actual Woodworking Again

On 8/30/2019 9:48 AM, dpb wrote:
On 8/30/2019 9:28 AM, Leon wrote:
On 8/29/2019 4:43 PM, wrote:

ps :Â* what is in the far left cornerÂ* -Â* floor air ventÂ*Â* methinks ?

Â*Â*Â* John T.

Thank you

No floor vents, just blank space.Â* Why not fill the wardrobe to the
wall?Â* There would have been no clearance for the drawers to clear the
center back cabinet.Â* Same goes for the right side.Â* We will certainly
find something to stick back in those corners, I'm, thinking small
shelves.

Yeah, otherwise those are going to be dust bunny havens.Â* Probably a
solid base diagonal across the front to keep from having to try to clean
back underneath and then across...but it's pretty deep area back to the
wall behind the hanger rails.Â* Might even consider a back there to
prevent stuff being pushed back to the point it's almost unaccessible
excepting for perhaps a few specific bulky items that might just be able
to be stored there that aren't high use elsewhere.

Making use of corners is a difficult problem...in the kitchen cabinet
corner, dad and I built in a lazy susan--nothing unusual in that except
we took out a good-sized square from the shelves so could move the
center pole out and have the overall shelf diameter fill the entire area
instead of centering a full shelf in the middle as a standard
off-the-shelf one is done.Â* Increased overall storage and accessiblility
a bunch because the shelves rotate out of the opening by 8" or so and
thus have access to stuff back in the middle without digging through
what is in front--and the cutout also gives access to the two lower
shelves directly.

Of course, it took some extra engineering and the use of Krause one-way
plow thrust bearings to hold the load, but as you're fond of
demonstrating in a lot of your items, one can climb on it and have no
fear of failure...

--

So the dust bunnies have crossed out minds more than once. That area,
on both sides, is larger than it appears. The tiles including 1 grout

The clearance from the end of the side cabinets to the wall is just over
12" and the clearance between the back center cabinet side and the
drawer unit front is approximately 5". We have tried successfully to
sweep that area with a small dust broom. Not a problem.

As as strange as this sounds, when we emptied the closet to do the demo
there was surprisingly little dust in the corners and or under the
bottom row of clothes. Almost 9 years of never sweeping or vacuuming in
that closet. I will say however that we have had a robot vacuum cleaner
before and ever since we moved in. It runs 5 days a week so little dust
builds up anywhere. Well, except for the 9 ceiling fan blades.