Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Is it the saw, the blade or me?

J. Clarke on Sat, 31 Aug 2019 07:33:51
-0400 typed in rec.woodworking the following:
On Fri, 30 Aug 2019 22:26:10 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

on Fri, 30 Aug 2019 14:56:51 -0700 (PDT) typed
in rec.woodworking the following:
On Friday, August 30, 2019 at 11:11:58 AM UTC-4, pyotr filipivich wrote:
...snip...

I'm in the middle of moving my shop. One reason is, while I know
I probably have one of "those" I can't find or get to it. (Last time
I moved, I found two soldering irons, still in their display
packaging.)

...snip...

It not uncommon for an alcoholic/addict to believe that if they "move"
they'll be able to stop drinking/using. "I just need to get away from
here/them/this and I'll be OK."

It turns out that no matter where they go, they take themselves and
therefore, their behaviors, with them.

The monks have a saying "a lace will not save you". Meaning, juts
that, it isn't the location, but what you bring with you, which is the
problem.

I think the same thing applies to losing stuff in a shop. I could move
my shop, make it bigger, throw it all away and start over. It probably
wouldn't matter. Unless I change *me*, the location of my shop isn't
going to make a bit of difference in how organized it is.

In this case, I'm moving the shop, because I want to unpack the
office. See the blue shed was built first, and it worked, but I then
wound up storing most of my books etc in the revamped green shed. So
to get to the books, I need to empty out the green shed, but first, I
have to empty out the blue shed, so the stuff in the green shed will
have someplace to go. And then do something about all the stuff in
the carport, which ...

If I win the lottery jackpot, I'll have the same problems, just at
a higher cash flow level.

If you win a big enough lottery you get to make it someone else's
problem. Hey, you, you, and you, clean out the blue shed . . .

Oh yeah. I get to hire someone to do the picking up and putting
down. Now in addition to having to find the time for the directing,
_now_I have to find time to take care of payroll! It never ends. B-)

I'll also be saying "load that on the truck to Goodwill" because
I'm expecting a delivery from Grizzly / Grangier / Haas tomorrow.
And so it goes. Still can't find anything, but it is a higher
quality of stuff I'm looking for.

“We admitted we were powerless over our messiness — that our shops had
become unmanageable."

;-)

--
pyotr filipivich