Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default Moving a piano

On 31/08/2019 10:59, ARW wrote:
On 31/08/2019 08:42, Robin wrote:
On 31/08/2019 06:59, ARW wrote:
Any tips? This is from one town to another town about a 150 miles away.

How to get it on the van, secure it down etc.

And how do you get it through a front door?

I'm a pessimist so I'd start with prior questions:

-Â*Â*Â* will I get sued if I break it?
-Â*Â*Â* will I you lose, ahem, "benefits" if I break it?
-Â*Â*Â* do I have a good excuse to get out of it?

If you're set on the job, the only important lesson I learnt from
personal experience as a helper many years ago was that the legs can
come off in a somewhat destructive failure mode if you push it.Â* (I
couldn't find a suitable funny video of that - just a boring lecture
from professionals on that and other things not to do
https://www.fantastic-removals.co.uk/blog/how-to-move-a-piano/)

It's a three job in two days type of thing. I will not get sued if it
goes tits up.

1. I go to Watford to do some work.
2. The next day I drive from Watford to Shrewsbury to pick up a piano
with the bloke from Watford from his Mum's old house to bring back to
Watford
3. Whilst in Shrewsbury and picking up the piano I do a EICR of her new
house in Shrewsbury.

And yes Geoff from CET is renting the van so I cannot get out of it:-)

Sheesh! So Day 2 is summat like:

drive to Shrewsbury (140-odd miles)
do EICR
load piano
drive Watford (140-odd miles)
unload piano
[drive Doncaster (150-odd miles)]

Extra bodies available at both ends? Enough extra bodies and you could
leave Geoff to load while you do the EICR and unload while you...

--
Robin