Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] dave.marulli@gmail.com is offline

Default Is it the saw, the blade or me?

On Friday, August 30, 2019 at 11:11:58 AM UTC-4, pyotr filipivich wrote:
....snip...

I'm in the middle of moving my shop. One reason is, while I know
I probably have one of "those" I can't find or get to it. (Last time
I moved, I found two soldering irons, still in their display
packaging.)

....snip...

It not uncommon for an alcoholic/addict to believe that if they "move"
they'll be able to stop drinking/using. "I just need to get away from
here/them/this and I'll be OK."

It turns out that no matter where they go, they take themselves and
therefore, their behaviors, with them.

I think the same thing applies to losing stuff in a shop. I could move
my shop, make it bigger, throw it all away and start over. It probably
wouldn't matter. Unless I change *me*, the location of my shop isn't
going to make a bit of difference in how organized it is.

€œWe admitted we were powerless over our messiness €” that our shops had
become unmanageable."

;-)