Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Help identifying a blown transistor

On Friday, 30 August 2019 11:12:37 UTC+1, wrote:
NT:

I don't think you've got enough info to fix it. You might be lucky but too often power parts are killed by something else going wrong. You've got a relatively complex supply, many fried parts, no idea what caused the failure and you don't know what the parts even are. I'd move on at this point.

Fair enough. Thank you for all the help and info. I have certainly learned a few things, which will help me going forward.

A last question perhaps, would it be worth a try to see if I can find a working 220v AC to 15v DC board and then just swap the broken one out with the working one and perhaps just do some soldering for the connecting wires? If so, is there anything specific that I should be aware of or look out for?

If it's just the supply that's fried who knows, might work. Can you not find other dumped electronics?

NT