Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graham Nye Graham Nye is offline

Default Ring or radial?

On 28/08/2019 21:16, ARW wrote:
On 28/08/2019 11:40, Graham Nye wrote:
On 27/08/2019 22:53, Theo wrote:
I'm speccing up installing sockets in a brick garage. It currently has a CU
with an adjacent pair of double sockets on a short radial. I want to put some
sockets at various points around the far sides.

What's the feed to the CU? Is this a stand-alone installation with its own
supply company feed and meter? There would be no point me wondering about
a 32 A ring in my garage as it only has a 16 A feed from the house.

Such a simple answer.

Well done sir.

That's kind of you. I was vaguely wondering if this is a garage next to (or
part of) a house or a separated garage with its own supply, but that's too
wide ranging a question. All that's necessary is to establish that the feed
to the CU can support the rating of the desired new circuit.

--
Graham Nye
news(a)thenyes.org.uk