Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default 1920s radio

On Wednesday, 28 August 2019 16:55:29 UTC+1, Phil Hobbs wrote:
On 8/26/19 10:22 PM, tabbypurr wrote:

A little homemade 1920s 1 valve set with direct heated triode (unmarked). I've traced most of the circuit, looks very simple. Not tried to trace the main coil assembly with its 6 connections yet. The valve has a grid leak resistor for -ve bias without C battery. It runs high R phones, no speaker.. 1st question is what sort of HT voltage and/or anode current should I aim for?

NT

Probably intended for a 67 V B battery.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Thanks. I may need to make a variable PSU, don't have one that goes high. Or I could just go up in steps with what I've got - that sounds quicker.

NT