Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Electrical switch issue

On 28/08/2019 19:48, rick wrote:

In the kitchen I have an MK Grid Switch this has a nice neatly labelled
switch for each of kitchen fixed appliances.

The Oven (not hob) is a 20A DP switch and is fed from a dedicated 20A
radial cct on 4mm2 cable
Grid switch feeds to an MK5045 cooker wiring point

Oven is being replaced with a Neff U1ACE2HN0B and information is that it
is rated at 5.9kwÂ* ..... which to me says 26A

I can't find a Grid switch higher than 20A ..... I know I could increase
breaker to 32A ... but would then need higher capacity grid switch
Anybody any suggestions ?

I suppose you could use the existing grid switch to switch a contactor
or relay, and have that switch the oven.

So far only thought is I would need to put a link in bypassing the GRID
switch (and fit a blanking plate)Â* and put a DP cooker switch instead of
MK5045 connection point.
Unless anyone else has a better idea.

If my idea is the option what in neatest way to 'bridge' the 4mm t&e ...
use WAGO lever connectors ...
https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/WA412.html
They are good for 32A
or WAGO push connectors rated at 40A
https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/WA412.html

Anybody experience of using these ?Â*Â*Â* which is easiest to useÂ* ... or
is there a better way

For applications like this, the non lever type are quick and easy.

Connection will be within confines of the 'back box'Â*Â* so all still
protected.

--
Cheers,

John.