Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Briggs & Stratton 'Champion 35' petrol mower. Has anyone servicedone?

On 29/08/2019 08:24, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
alan_m explained :
Also don't use any old (6 to 12months) petrol unless perhaps you have
added a fuel stabiliser additive

Perhaps I run better/better maintained engines, but I have never had a
problem with old fuel. My tractor sits with fuel in it all winter and
always starts first turn of the key.

I believe the problem may be with fuel (petrol) with a higher ethanol
content which can "pull" water out of the atmosphere.
I have previously had problems with the water content in a plastic can
of fuel kept outside for a year