Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Briggs & Stratton 'Champion 35' petrol mower. Has anyone servicedone?

On 28/08/2019 12:44, Hulltiger wrote:
replying to Tim+, Hulltiger wrote:
How did you know it was a seizedĀ* piston
Did you try pulling the starter cord first

Iam having a similarĀ* prob starting mine
I have done all the obvious i e plug ,oil , x filter but still know joy
(full with petrol )

Obvious question is does the spark plug actually visibly spark?
Can you smell petrol when you try to start it and fail?

Worth having a look online for the full service manual. That is what I
did for mine when it's self propelling drive stopped working.

I even discovered from that document that the official correct way to
upend it was not what I had previously been doing.

BTW I presume you have resurrected some prehistoric thread on the
parasitic mirror of uk.d-i-y - why don't you use the newsgroup?

--
Regards,
Martin Brown