Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default Bathroom Tiles

On 28/08/2019 07:23, Jeff Layman wrote:
On 27/08/2019 20:37, wrote:
I decoration is a personal thing but do you think that tiling a
bathroom in all white tiles (30cm x 60cm) with dark grey, near black
floor tile would look ok? It's only a small bathroom, about 7ft sq.
I'm hesitant to put a mosaic tile trim around the edges because that
looks a bit out of date. Thanks.

Black and white is OK
Your look will appear dated the moment your wife reads the next interior
decoration magazine. So don't worry.
Am I the only one who rather LIKED avocado?

I'm pretty certain there was a lot of confusion at that time between
avocado and pampas. I had a pampas bathroom in my first house, yet a
number of visitors referred to the "avocado" suite in the bathroom.

FWIW I liked pampas as a colour. Not so much avocado, but it wasn't as
bad as it was made out to be. I've little doubt it became a dislike
bandwagon for people to jump on...

A more serious problem is the size of the bath. Pampas green baths
will be imperial size and getting a replacement imperial sized bath
is less easy than the metric ones used now.