Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Solar Panels Resilience

On Mon, 26 Aug 2019 23:23:03 +0100, T i m wrote:

According to the handout, 'Ampere' carries a working capacity of 48kW

That's a lot of power for a narrow boat, 1 hp (approx 750 W) is all
they needed orginally for propulsion. B-) Modern gadgets like
electric lights, fridge, ain't going to add much more than 1 kW.

... at 48V using 24 x 2V 'traction cells' that are 600mm deep (so may
well go quite a way into the bilges as it is)?

I suspect the common confusion between power (kW) and energy (kWHr).
B-)

Luckily, I don't suppose the 1.6 tonnes of batteries would even be
noticed (weight wise anyway) in a 60+' narrow boat. ;-)

IIRC a 70' narrow boat has maximum payload of 60+ tons. So 1.6 is
bugger all but will affect the trim. One wouldn't shove them all down
one side or all at one end...

--
Cheers
Dave.