Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_3_] Fredxx[_3_] is offline

Default Ring or radial?

On 27/08/2019 23:14, John Rumm wrote:
On 27/08/2019 22:53, Theo wrote:

snip

Also, Part P wise, am I right in thinking that extending a radial is
OK but
converting a radial to a ring is notifiable?

No. Adding a whole new circuit would be notifiable (if anyone actually
cared!) Extending one is ok, and arguably still ok if the extension
takes it back to the CU.

Are you certain, not that I would worry, but isn't any change of (or
new) cable route notifiable. If you don't tell anyone ............

Or have the rules changed?

Finally, is it acceptable to cable-clip T&E cables (bearing in mind
the new
rule to use metal clips occasionally) in an outbuilding, or is additional
protection (trunking) needed (even at ceiling level)?

Depends on what you are doing in there, and what the likely risk of
mechanical damage is.

It's more down to what would happen to the cable if the clips melted.
Some form of retention over a doorway would be appropriate to stop it
sagging and blocking an exit.