Posted to uk.d-i-y
Max Demian Max Demian is offline

Default ?Q?Re=3a_Why_is_hi-vis_clothing_easier_to_see=3f_What?=?Q?=e2=80=99s_so_special_about_the_colour=3f?=

On 27/08/2019 18:47, Commander Kinsey wrote:
I agree with this sentence above though: "In safety you are trying to
stand out. Conspicuity is the key element, not brightness per se. And if
everyone wears hi-vis, people tend to ignore you." - I can accept a
roadworker or a blind man wearing one, but when you see one every couple
of minutes, they get ignored.Â* It's like daytime running lights, we no
longer see motorbikes and pedestrians, because our eyes are drawn to
every single car's lights.

They rely on the reflective strips that some have. These have glass or
plastic beads that reflect light back in the direction of the light source.

--
Max Demian