Dave Harnish

Default Dryer flips main circuit breaker occasionally

John's right on the money on this one. I see int't breaker
conn's on a regular basis, most often with dryer and water
heater breakers bc their connections carry so much current.

While you're in the breaker box, you'll want to tighten the
screws on all the breakers andreplace any heat-damaged
wires with new tails. 'Good preventive maintenance.

I wrote an article about this in last April's issue of my
newsletter:

http://www.davesrepair.com/DRSNbackissues/drsn0403.htm

Hope that helps.

God bless,

Dave Harnish
Dave's Repair Service
New Albany, PA
www.DavesRepair.com

570-363-2404

I'm a 32-year pro appliance technician, and love sharing what
I've learned - in a FREE Monthly Appliance Tips Newsletter.
(Back issues now posted here too!)
www.DavesRepair.com

John 3:3

"John Grabowski" wrote in message
I would try tightening the connections on the circuit breaker. If they

are
loose, the resulting heat could trip the breaker after a while. It could
also be a bad breaker.

John Grabowski
http://www.mrelectrician.tv

"D P" wrote in message
om...
Hi folks

I have a problem with my dryer. Putting the dryer on will
intermittently flip the main circuit breaker. There doesn'tseem to be
a particular pattern - the dryer would run for sometime and then cause
the main circuit breaker to flip. The dryer is a maytag 120V/240V
three prong 5600 watts machine. It is on it's own circuit with a 30+30
amp breaker but this breaker neever flips.

My daignosis till now is that when the dryer is on and any other
appliance switch on (even a light bulb) will cause the main breaker to
flip. That would point to a faulty main breaker. Hoever it can be
something else. Is there a 3 phase thing going on for this 240 V
supply ?

Suggestions are welcome. Is replacing the main breaker a very
expensive proposition, since I am not very keen on doing it myself ?

Regards
Debjyoti