Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Solar Panels Resilience

Yes I've always thought this was bleedin stupid. It would be a trivial thing
to have a set of deep discharge batteries and the inverter under manual
control for just such an occasion. It is done in some less developed
countries, no doubt a bit heath Robinson, but still. The current kit is
really all about to same money and not add functionality.
All I will say is that I have a friend who has hot water panels on the roof
and although you cannot power the stereo or tv from it you can get hot
water. The pump uses very little and can run on a small inverter you can
pick up cheaply.
Its a strange world we live in.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"AnthonyL" wrote in message
The incoming power to our section of road failed at 3am Sunday and it
was 2.35pm (yes, just below the compensation threshold of £150) when
it was restored.

It was of course a nice sunny day - ideal for solar generation, and
both my next door neighbour and the house opposite have got panels.
Could they take advantage of the situation? No way. The bloody
things need electrical power to operate.

Not even a cup of tea. Or more seriously the woman at the house
opposite is bed bound and needs a bit of power to change the position
of the bed.

--
AnthonyL

Why do scientists need to BELIEVE in anything?