Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Microchip cat flap

On Mon, 26 Aug 2019 23:48:29 +0100, Fredxx wrote:

On 26/08/2019 22:01, T i m wrote:
On Mon, 26 Aug 2019 16:09:36 +0100, Fredxx wrote:

snip

Why would I agree with that, just because I choose to abide by the
rules we are all supposed to be guided by and try to act like a
responsible citizen?

When it comes to observing the outcome of a referendum, ie the will of
the people, you act irresponsibly in trying to overturn the result.

I am, how am I doing that then? Did we actually have another
referendum that no one told me about?

And 'will of 1/3rd of the people (able to vote)'

Only 1/3 expressed a preference of remaining.

Nearly as many who expressed a preference of leaving, hardly grounds
to change the status quo eh?

Had it been conducted fairly it wouldn't have been *******ised into
being decisive, rather than just advisory. It wouldn't have included
blatant lies, used to convince the great unwashed of a future that
couldn't possibly be promised and so far seems unlikely. It wouldn't
have dragged on for so long with no reasonable assurance that things
actually will be better for most people and that's ignoring the fact
that was no mandate for no deal, should we leave without one.

Two prime ministers, two 'Brexit secretaries', numerous ministers and
the need to create a coalition with ministers on a different island
for the government to remain in power ... and currently to be hanging
onto power by a thread.

Do you really think this all indicates that everyone thinks it's a
'good thing' or want's to carry on with it?

snip

(Why is it you left brainers constantly confuse 'rules' with
'democracy' in action?)

Abuse, the typical sign of a lost argument.

Then why are you still trying? Don't bother, I know the answer. You
really don't understand this whole Brexit farce is as welcome by the
majority of the electorate as a fart in a lift.

You 'won' and that's all you care about in your black and white world,
not real democracy or what's best for anyone other than you (and your
fellow Brexiteers). ;-(

Many people now saying 'let's just get on with it' aren't doing so
because they want it, it's just to try to minimise any further damage
and the laughing stock the UK has become ... and all for what (that
will benefit 'most people')?

It really is a clusterfcuk and my real concern is that's it's going to
cost a whole generation or more. ;-(

Cheers, T i m