Posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y
Mrcheerful Mrcheerful is offline

Default Stolen motorhome

On 26/08/2019 17:37, Brian Reay wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article 20190825204843.6a96a9b9@Mars,
Rob Morley wrote:
Oddly, it seems this £50 grand vehicle didn't come with an alarm
system fitted. Unlike every car I've owned in the last 30 years.

Just imagine how popular you'd be with all the other campers if you came
back from the pub to find your alarm had been going off for ages.

Vehicle alarms don't go off 'for ages' Unlike house ones.

House ones shouldnt either but sometimes the timer doesnt work. Ditto car
alarms.

I think domestic alarms are supposed to cut out after 20 mins but heaven
knows how many older designs there are still in service.

I put mine in about thirty years ago and that had an adjustable timer
set to max is 20 minutes only.