Posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Stolen motorhome

In article , Brian Reay wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article 20190825204843.6a96a9b9@Mars, Rob Morley
wrote:
Oddly, it seems this £50 grand vehicle didn't come with an alarm
system fitted. Unlike every car I've owned in the last 30 years.

Just imagine how popular you'd be with all the other campers if you
came back from the pub to find your alarm had been going off for ages.

Vehicle alarms don't go off 'for ages' Unlike house ones.

House ones shouldn‘t either but sometimes the timer doesn‘t work. Ditto
car alarms.

I think domestic alarms are supposed to cut out after 20 mins but heaven
knows how many older designs there are still in service.

A cousin of my wife's, designed, built and installed his own alarm system
and then went on holiday. The non-stop bell was remembered in the village
for many years - it even got a mention at his funeal !

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England