Posted to uk.d-i-y
Richard[_10_] Richard[_10_] is offline

Default Microchip cat flap

On 26/08/2019 15:42, T i m wrote:
On Mon, 26 Aug 2019 05:55:25 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Monday, 26 August 2019 13:03:02 UTC+1, T i m wrote:
"Aww, Mr Tibbles, you have just come indoors and walked across the
area where we prepare food and knocked a can of Cola over into my
brand new MacBook Pro ... what are you like ... now come here for a
cuddle so we can share those fleas ... then go back out and cr*p in
someone else's garden, scratch their car and kill some indigenous
wildlife, just for fun ..." ;-)

Cats can be asked not to go on food surfaces.

Bwhahaha. 'Asked' ... ;-)

Ever heard the phrase, 'It's like herding cats'. ;-)

Serves humans right for having cola near a MacBook Pro ... serves them right for having a MacBook ;-)

Well, quite, and whilst some dogs do jump / get up on surfaces, they
aren't as likely to do so as most cats. I have seen our dogs up on the
arms of the chair and even front paws up on a shelf / unit to look out
of the window. I've never seen them up on *any* surface in the kitchen
(I'm not sure they could even get up there).

Cat fleas don't go on humans anyway.

Don't they?

"Cat flea (Ctenocephalides felis)

While cat fleas do not prefer to feed on humans, a cat flea bite on
human skin can result in a number of diseases including plague,
cat-scratch disease and typhus."

https://www.terminix.com/pest-contro.../bites/humans/

The RSPB admits that cats don't harm wildlife.

Of course they do, every time they grab some and kill it. The RSPB
only suggest that cats aren't uniquely responsible for any decline in
bird numbers in general but without a doubt there would be more birds
about if cats weren't.

Cars kill more birds than cats do. What are you going to do about that?

As I have said before, I have nothing against cats as an animal, I
just don't like the issues they caused in many urban (especially)
environments. Twice now we have had a cat splashing about in our
downstairs toilet because they have climbed into our house (!) though
an open window and fallen into it, then ripped the wallpaper up in
their (failed) efforts to get out. No ones dog has ever climbed into
our window or fallen into (or drunk out of for that matter) our
toilet. ;-)

Cheers, T i m