Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Microchip cat flap

On Mon, 26 Aug 2019 15:28:04 +0100, ARW
wrote:

snip

I have been witness to 'the general public' many times, specifically
when being a volunteer helper at a community event and that included
doing a spate on the gates of the car park.

Getting ready for a hard on?

No (thanks)? Is it likely to give you one then?

'Most people' are very reasonable and will be advised re the limited /
restricted spaces and gratefully take advice as given re the
alternative parking arrangements.

A minority think they are above everyone else and will double park,
blocking innocent parkers in, damage the grass or other property or
insist (with some BS 'excuse') that they just *have* to drive in and
park (again, often impacting someone else in the process).

Approaching the Billy Mill Roundabout?

Nope. Local Park, small / community event.

So, if you feel that wanting to uphold the rights of the many for the
selfishness of a few makes me that, then so be it. shrug

But you should hear them bleat when they come back from their BS
reason and find *themselves* blocked in by someone (like them).

Get a tissue and clean it up.

You can clean up yer own mess mate!

In my case I just laughed inside whilst pretending I was sympathetic
to their self induced predicament. Like when someone undertakes a
Police car at speed, get's a ticket on double yellows whilst *just*
'popping in the shop for some fags' or puts themselves into a concrete
post whilst driving like a cnut. 'You reap what you sow' sorta thing.
;-)

Cheers, T i m

p.s. A mate runs a service garage that fronts directly on the road.
People pull up outside, parking *across his doors* and when
confronted, often think 'I'll only be a minute mate' (they are often
much longer of course) is an acceptable reply?

If they needed to get somewhere in a hurry and someone was blocking
them in there, I wonder if they would just take it on the chin?