Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Microchip cat flap

On Mon, 26 Aug 2019 14:42:34 +0100, "dennis@home"
wrote:

On 26/08/2019 13:55, wrote:
On Monday, 26 August 2019 13:03:02 UTC+1, T i m wrote:
"Aww, Mr Tibbles, you have just come indoors and walked across the
area where we prepare food and knocked a can of Cola over into my
brand new MacBook Pro ... what are you like ... now come here for a
cuddle so we can share those fleas ... then go back out and cr*p in
someone else's garden, scratch their car and kill some indigenous
wildlife, just for fun ..." ;-)

Cats can be asked not to go on food surfaces.

Serves humans right for having cola near a MacBook Pro ... serves them right for having a MacBook ;-)

Aren't machines that expensive spill proof?

The one I stripped and washed an entire cup of sweet tea out of
certainly wasn't.

My windows laptop is and its half the price.

weg

Cat fleas don't go on humans anyway.

The RSPB admits that cats don't harm wildlife.

They lie then, I have seen plenty of cats hunting and catching wildlife.

And I have taken many things off of cats and set them free (when
uninjured).

There are loads of facts supporting the impact of cat predation on
much of our native wildlife.

The neighbours cat brought them a rat about 15" from nose to tail.

Nice.

They weren't impressed.

I bet.

It wasn't dead, I did remind them that they couldn't release it as its
vermin and that they had to kill it humanely.

Lovely.

Does hitting it with a spade count?

And long as it was killed humanely, yes and certainly better than
trapping one in a barrel and then filling it up with water from a
hose, meaning it drowned fairly slowly and from exhaustion. ;-(

Cheers, T i m