Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Microchip cat flap

On Mon, 26 Aug 2019 14:28:18 +0100, ARW
wrote:

On 26/08/2019 14:11, T i m wrote:
On Mon, 26 Aug 2019 13:41:02 +0100, ARW
wrote:

snip

I'd say some can be more unreasonable than others but in many cases
they are just doing their job [1]

They are just doing their job.

snip

Good, we are in agreement then. ;-)

Only if you agree that you are a c

snip

Why would I agree with that, just because I choose to abide by the
rules we are all supposed to be guided by and try to act like a
responsible citizen?

I have been witness to 'the general public' many times, specifically
when being a volunteer helper at a community event and that included
doing a spate on the gates of the car park.

'Most people' are very reasonable and will be advised re the limited /
restricted spaces and gratefully take advice as given re the
alternative parking arrangements.

A minority think they are above everyone else and will double park,
blocking innocent parkers in, damage the grass or other property or
insist (with some BS 'excuse') that they just *have* to drive in and
park (again, often impacting someone else in the process).

So, if you feel that wanting to uphold the rights of the many for the
selfishness of a few makes me that, then so be it. shrug

But you should hear them bleat when they come back from their BS
reason and find *themselves* blocked in by someone (like them).

Cheers, T i m

p.s. I used to fly power kites in many local parks but don't any more
because the rules have changed (public liability etc) and it's no
longer allowed. I haven't changed and have never hit anyone or damaged
any property with my kites [1] but I respect the rules and don't fly
there any more.

[1] A reasonably hench mate was flying one of my kites when he was
pulled off his feet and ended up breaking his collar bone. Luckily,
no-one had parked along the single lane that led up to the field so
the ambulance could get fairly close. He did get some (much deserved)
ribbing from the nurses in the hospital though (I had clearly told him
several times that 'letting go' was perfectly acceptable survival
option). ;-)