Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Uninterruptible power supplies

On Mon, 26 Aug 2019 13:25:32 +0100, (Roger Hayter)
wrote:

snip
I need to look into that (and NUT?) to cover several boxes (RPi / PC's
running OMV NAS software) and possibly the Synology box, as only one
can be physically plugged into the UPS at a time?

I think anything that can run apcupsd can be networked easily to the box
controlling the UPS. Remakably painless. It's only worth using NUT
(which can allegedly follow an apcupsd server) if there's something like
a NAS you can't install apcupsd on. NUT is less painless.

Thanks for that Roger.

I have seen NUT mentioned on the various bits of hard/software but
never tried to use it.

I need to check what both Synology and OMV will support and as you
say, if both will follow an APCUPSD server, that could answer my needs
in any case (as long as all my switches in between are also UPS
protected). ;-)

Cheers, T i m