Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Microchip cat flap

On Mon, 26 Aug 2019 12:29:01 +0100, Richard
wrote:

snip

Here's a starting point for him as the 'offence' falls under this law:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duty_o...in_English_law

Yup, although that is difficult to pin on a cat owner.

Also,
https://catsaway.org/cat-law/

That pretty well sums it all up from the POV of someone who never
wanted a cat in the first place but has ended up with the negative
consequences of them.

Good luck Tim.

Thanks. I'll not be doing anything now, just like to express what
could be the beginning of a groundswell in 'equal rights' for all of
us who don't own cats but are obliged to keep *our* non-cat pets /
livestock under control.

Like I said, smoking was once considered socially acceptable in public
/ enclosed areas but now it isn't in many places / countries.

Similarly, there was less social pressure (now legal duty) to clean up
after your dog but now many people do.

As always though, there will be some who don't understand why they
should also act like a good citizen and have social responsibility.

Given that pre cat owning, most cat owners appear to be perfectly
reasonable people, it's my belief that whilst at the first visit to
the vets or breeders / cattery with their cat, the owners are hit
with a Neuralyzer type tool (see M.I.B.) that turns their common sense
and rational brain to mush, particularly where cats are concerned. ;-(

"Aww, Mr Tibbles, you have just come indoors and walked across the
area where we prepare food and knocked a can of Cola over into my
brand new MacBook Pro ... what are you like ... now come here for a
cuddle so we can share those fleas ... then go back out and cr*p in
someone else's garden, scratch their car and kill some indigenous
wildlife, just for fun ..." ;-)

Cheers, T i m