Posted to uk.d-i-y
Richard[_10_] Richard[_10_] is offline

Default Microchip cat flap

On 26/08/2019 12:24, T i m wrote:
On Mon, 26 Aug 2019 11:42:53 +0100, ARW
wrote:

snip

It's like a traffic warden parking up on double yellow lines and getting
out of their car to ticket a car parked on the same double yellow lines.
I photographed that happening in Watford.

*Except*, whilst they may have done the same thing as you, they are
there specifically to enforce the rules *against* people like you and
for the benefit of the majority who don't behave like you.

Also, the traffic warden will be moving on as soon as they have
ticketed you and got you moving on (where they have no idea how long
you would stay there otherwise) therefore the chances are they are
creating no more of an obstruction than you and are only doing so in
the first place to ensure the road is kept clear for the vast majority
who realise these rules generally exist for the benefit of all (well,
except those who don't feel the rules apply to them of course).

And breaking such rules (no matter how innocent any individual case
may be) costs us all money and even more traffic / pollution.

With the advent and subsequent expansion of CCTV / ANPR systems, the
people who break the rules (without any valid justification, like a
Paramedic parking on double yellows or you stopping in your van on
double yellows to help put out a fire that might save lives or
minimise further traffic flow issues) can be penalised without others
paying the price.

A minority of the population seem to test such things as double
yellows as a game, they knowingly try it on (knowing the risks /
consequences) as a gamble in the hope they will get away with it.

Unfortunately, all of us have to pay for the people and hardware that
has to be put into place to 'manage' a minority who somehow feel they
have rights over the rest of us?

Cheers, T i m

p.s. We went to an event yesterday where they had erected temporary
(unofficial) road signs at the exit, indication that you should only
turn left (and go around the roundabout up the road if you wanted to
go to the right).

I turned right because ... those signs were put there for when the
traffic was busy and when it's very difficult to turn right there,
potentially then holding up all the traffic that was behind you,
wanting to turn left or right.

However, when we left there was little traffic on the main road and no
one behind us and I was able to pull straight out and inconvenience no
one. Had it been 'busy' I would have happily turned left.

These were not official signs. They were just a request from the
organisers of the event to try to prevent people not applying common
sense when the roads were busy (I often go left and will turn round
elsewhere at junctions that are known to be difficult. We have such
locally where there is an office 'Left turn' sign and a roundabout no
more than 10m away but 'some' will turn right, even when it's busy and
they will cause flowing traffic to have to stop).

I have not read past your *Except* sentence.
Perhaps you need to apply to become one of the moronic hypocritical
jobsworth ****wits illustrated in Adam's two posts as you appear to be
well qualified.