Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Uninterruptible power supplies

On Sun, 25 Aug 2019 21:01:19 +0100, Andy Burns wrote:

My APC Smart UPS 700 doesn't any more.

I did a minor adjustment with the "hidden" serial command,

Hardware mod on mine. If there was a firmware tweak it either didn't
do what it said it would or had undesirable knock on effects. I have
vague memories of the latter.

Mine has 4 of the 18Ah batteries and now the electronics lump at the top
of the case still gets warm

Once I have a bit a spare cash I might get a set of batteries for the
SU2200 I have sitting doing nothing...

(it's often running in buck mode)

It was getting the UPS that alerted me to the fact our supply voltage
was high. Plugged it it, straight into voltage reduction mode,
measure supply close to 250 V, rang DNO, engineer at door inside two
hours, they measured agreed it was high, came back within a couple of
days and andjusted the tapping on "our" pole transfomer. Voltage now
240 and, at that time, the consumption of incandescent light bulbs
noticably dropped...

--
Cheers
Dave.