Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John Robertson John Robertson is offline

Default Help identifying a blown transistor

On 2019/08/26 3:11 a.m., wrote:
Hi Folks

I have a Commax CDV-43k/DRC-4L (Stock Code: PI-1176) intercom that isn't working anymore. It seems the power supply board in the intercom (CDV-43K) itself (converting wall power of 220v to 15v) has blown. I think it might be the transistor (see photos:
https://imgur.com/a/uBCXjwQ). The suppliers say that it is out of warranty and that I would have to buy a new one.

Here is a link with a few photos of a circuit board that isn't working anymo
https://imgur.com/a/uBCXjwQ

I have tried searching online, but couldn't find anything that gave me any indication of the specs of the transistor or what transistor to try and replace it with. I also tried to search for the schematic, but couldn't find anything.

If anyone can perhaps help me identify the blown transistor or perhaps point me in the right direction that would be greatly appreciated.

Let me know if you require any other information from me.

Regards,
Jannie

Actually the PCB silkscreen indicates that this is an IC as it is called
"U2", instead of a "Q" designation - Q for transistor and U for IC is a
common convention. I would then suspect it may be a 15VDC regulator as
this is some sort of switch mode power supply.

John :-#)#

John's Jukes Ltd.
(604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
www.flippers.com