Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default Replaced ignition cylinder

On Mon, 26 Aug 2019 14:11:24 -0500, dpb wrote:

On 8/26/2019 1:49 PM, Rod Speed wrote:

"dpb" wrote in message ...
On 8/25/2019 9:40 PM, dpb wrote:

I've had nothing but GM w/ exception of one Chrysler and one CRX
Toyota in last 50 years and never had the problem nor a recall notice
for the problem so if it was GM it was some make/model different than
full-size Chevy trucks or Chevy/Olds/Buick.* Never had any smaller
models so anything different with them know nothing about.

"...nothing but GM w/ exception of one Chrysler and one CRX Toyota..."

Which shows how little paid attention.* * The Honda CRX was a fun
little thing to drive the 30 mi to/from Kingston Steam Plant when the
EPRI I&C office was there...found it for about $1500 'cuz insurance
had totaled it out.* The guy bought it back and did the repair himself
and still came out better.* It served me well until the move back to
farm--it would _not_ have been a good dirt road vehicle at all...

My Hyundai Getz does dirt roads fine.

Dunno what that is nor what its ground clearance is..the CRX would been
ok if they always were dry and graded but stiff enough to shake your
teeth out when washboardy as are most of the time and way too low when
muddy...

The Getz is a little ****cutter that is not sold in North America -
basically a "microcar".