Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb[_3_] dpb[_3_] is offline

Default Replaced ignition cylinder

On 8/25/2019 8:11 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:

GM has had an issue with this for decades It is made much worse when
you have a heavy ring of keys hanging from the cyl.

As an earlier reply noted, I've had only GM w/ two minor exceptions for
50 years and this is the first time I've ever had one do this. The old
55 Ford is only time I recall ever having it happen and that was some
50+ yr ago now.

There's nothing on the key ring but PO box key and one house key and a
tiny one for the toolbox in the bed so there's no big ring on it...this
is, however, about the only one I've had that I haven't had since it was
either new or very nearly so--I didn't buy this one until it already had
almost 90K on it so I don't know how the prior owner may have treated
it. That could be contributing factor.