Posted to alt.home.repair
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Replaced ignition cylinder

On Sun, 25 Aug 2019 19:13:26 -0400, Ralph Mowery wrote:

In article , says...

Some time back I posted a query about the issue of having to jiggle the
ignition switch on the old '98 Chebby pickumup to Clare as to whether
symptomatic of key or lock. Suggested lock if key works in door; turns
out did so finally(!) got the round tuit and swapped out for new
cylinder this afternoon.

I don't recall the years, but wasn't GM having a lot of switch problems
?

I get a recall notice every few months for my 2003 Impala. Supposed to be for the ignition
switch. As I recall it was for heavy key rings wearing out the switch.
Don't have a heavy key ring, and have no problem.